Thursday, October 17, 2013

Deer Hunting in Pajamas?

   Today when I got home today from school, I started to walk back to my room to change into my hunting clothes and out of my pajamas (it was pajama day at my high school) when something in my backyard caught my attention. I stopped and was astonished to see two does eating the bushes about 10 yards from my house in the back yard. We have big windows at ground level facing the back yard, so I was about 15 yards from these deer, and the windows were open to let in fresh air, so I had to start my stalk in my living room. I made it back to my bedroom and grabbed my bow, then sneaked back through my living room (ducking behind my couch so they didn't see my walking by) and made it to the back door. I opened and closed the door as quietly as I could, then walked about 20 yards to the corner of my house, drew back, and stepped out. It was only about a 15 yard shot, and I picked the smaller of the two deer to shoot (young deer=good eating). The shot was perfect, a slightly quartering away/broadside shot, and my arrow hit right where I wanted it to. The deer ran about 75 yards and expired. Since I didn't have time to do much once I had spotted the deer, I had ended up shooting it while still wearing my pajamas, I definitely didn't expect that when I slipped them on this morning! I know this wasn't much of a hunt, but it sure was fun and I now have some more backstraps headed for the grill. Thanks for reading!
 
Pretty sophisticated camo pattern...

No comments:

Post a Comment