Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Dairy Farm Pigeon Hunt

       This Saturday, my uncle took my brothers and I to a farm in Greene County to dove hunt in the morning. We hunted from daylight until around 11:00 and only shot 11 doves and 15 pigeons between the four of us. After we finished hunting, we headed over to the dairy to see if we could try and save the day with a quick pigeon shoot. There were a lot of birds and I bet I shot 20 times within the first 5 minutes, bringing down a bird on most shots. After the flocks headed on to the other dairy farm nearby, we picked off singles and pairs, and shot when the flocks returned from the other dairy. We ended up with 58 pigeons in total, our best day yet at the dairy. We cleaned some for one of the workers who asked for 10, and brought the rest home to clean. I just finished having some for dinner, they were great! We marinated the breasts in Worcestershire and roasted garlic teriyaki sauce for a few hours, then put them on skewers with some green peppers and onions, wrapped them in bacon, and grilled them. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. what are the requirements for hunting Pigeons and starlings in VA?

    ReplyDelete