Monday, December 31, 2012

Squirrel Hunt with a New Scope

       My friend and I went for a little early morning squirrel hunt with his Remington 597 .22 and my Savage MKII FVXP .22... We killed 3, all with my gun, the squirrels simply weren't close enough for his 3-9x32 scope. My gun now has its brand new 4-16x50 AO illuminated mil dot reticle scope on it, so the 50 plus yard shots were a breeze. I was using CCI Green Tag 1070 fps 40 grain round nosed competition ammo, this stuff really makes a difference on those 60 to 100 yard shots. I killed two squirrels on our hunt, one at 50 yards, and one at 65 yards. My friend spotted one sticking its head out of a hole while I was cleaning the two I shot, and he set up prone with the bipod on my gun and as soon as it left the hole, it was bye-bye squirrel at 75 yards. We marinated the squirrels in Worcestershire sauce  with a little Terryaki and various seasonings mixed in. We seared them in a skillet and wrapped them in bacon and tinfoil and baked them for 15 minutes at 375 degrees. Yum... Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment